You are here:   Home FAQ
Frequently Asked Questions
  • How do I get an ITIN?

In order to receive an ITIN (Individual Tax Identification Number), you first must file your taxes. The forms you must present to file your taxes, and ITIN are as follows:

Birth Certificate and ONE of the following forms of ID;

-Voter ID Card -Matricula Consular -Valid Passport -United States License

All Identification and birth certificates must be originals, we do not accept copies.

  • What documents do I need to take my American born child out of the country?

For any United States born citizens, to leave the country you must present;

1. Birth Certificate 2. Valid Passport

If a minor is traveling abroad without a parent or guardian, one must sign a Power of Attorney. A Power of Attorney is a document, which states that you give consent for your child to travel with someone else. If you need a Power of Attorney, please bring the following;

1. Identification of person giving consent 2. Minor’s Birth Certificate’s State File number 3. Passport Number 4. Name of person traveling with minor

  • Where can I get my Matricula Consular and Passport? How long do I have to wait?

Every year the Mexican Consulate comes over to Jackson Wyoming, to issue Matriculas and Passports to the Mexican Community. In order to get either or both IDs, one must make an appointment with the Mexican Consulate. The appointments are limited, making it very difficult for many people to sign up. At any other time you have to make an appointment at the Mexican Consulate in Salt Lake City, Utah. If you would like to set up an appointment please feel free to call 1-877-MEXITEL (1-877-639-835).

  • Where can I contact a Lawyer?

The Wyoming Department of Workforce Services and the Circuit Court have a list of lawyers here in Teton County. To contact the Wyoming Department of Workforce Services, call 307-733-4091 or stop by their office at 155 W. Gill. To contact the Circuit Court call 307-733-7713 or stop by the courthouse at 180 South King Street, main floor.

  • How do I obtain an American passport for my child or myself?

Applications can be obtained at the Clerk of Court's office at 180 South King Street, or at LRC.

  • I am selling my vehicle but what do I have to do as the current owner?

If a vehicle is registered in the state of Wyoming, the seller must sign the title in the presence of a notary public. Along with signing the vehicle title, you need a bill of sale. Latino Resource Center can help you if you need assistance.

  • What is an Apostille?

An Apostille is a form of certification for dosuments for use in another country. Example; if you plan to register your child in Mexico, an Apostille on the birth certificate will allow you to do so.

  • How do I get an Apostille?

Latino Resource Center can assist you with an Apostille request. The request is processed by the Secretary of State’s Office.

  • How do we add my child’s father to the birth certificate?

In order to add the child's father to a birth certificate you need a Paternity Affidavit. Latino Resource Center can assist you with a Paternity Affidavit. The affidavit has to be signed by both parents, with Identification, in front of a Notary Public, and then mailed to Vital Records.